How to Apply
Please read the "Notice to Applicant Relating to Personal Data" carefully. By submitting your application and clicking the "Acknowledge" Button to indicate that you agree to the terms of this notice and have read and understood the contents of this notice.
Notice to Applicant Relating to Personal Data
It is the corporate policy of TOM Group Limited, its subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct or indirect interest ("Group") to respect and safeguard the privacy of an individual's personal data. In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("Ordinance"), the Group will
i. collect your personal data by fair and lawful means;
ii. use such personal data collected only for the purposes for which the data were collected (as described below);
iii. take all reasonable practicable steps to ensure the accuracy and security of your personal data;
iv. comply with the data access and correction requests requirements as set out in the Ordinance.
Appropriate measures will be taken to ensure smooth and proper implementation of such policy. It is necessary for you to supply personal data in connection with your application and/or employment if and where employed. Failure to supply the required personal data may result in the Group not being able to fulfill the purposes mentioned in paragraph (A) below.
A. Purposes of Collection/Use
The personal data provided by you and/or obtained from other sources now and in future, can be used and retained by the Group for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and the Group or required by law from time to time:
1. processing your job application;
2. providing and maintaining employee remuneration and benefits for you and/or your dependent(s);
3. placing you for employment in any company within the Group in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
4. meeting legal requirements to make disclosure under any law binding on the Group;
5. restructuring of the corporate structure, reorganization, sale, transfer, assignment or similar purposes of the Group;
6. facilitating communications between any company within the Group and yourself;
7. providing employee reference;
and any other purposes relating to the above.
B. Classes of Transferees
The personal data obtained will be kept confidential but the Group may disclose and transfer that personal data to the following persons (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) who shall hold, use, process, retain or transfer such personal data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph (A) above:
1. any company within the Group;
2. any agent, contractor, service provider of any company within the Group, including their respective professional advisers and other third parties who have a duty of confidentiality to the Group, e.g. external auditor, Departments of the Hong Kong SAR Government, medical practitioners; insurance companies and other consultants/agents appointed by the Group to provide and administer employee remuneration and benefits, etc.
C. Access of Personal Data
Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right:
1. to check whether the Group holds any personal data with respect to you;
2. to access the personal data which the Group holds with respect to you;
3. to require the Group to correct any personal data which is inaccurate; and
4. to ascertain the Group's policies and practices in relation to the personal data and to be informed of the kinds of personal data held by the Group.
In accordance with the Ordinance, the Group has the right to charge a reasonable access fee (as shall from time to time be determined by the Group) for processing of any data access request. All request for access to data, or correction of data, or information regarding policies and the kinds of personal data held should be made in writing and addressed to the Human Resources Manager of the respective recruiting/employer within the Group.
D. Responsibility to update own personal data held by the Group
You have the duty to inform the respective recruiting/employer company of any changes in your personal data held by the Group.